[ home ] [ math / cs / ai / phy / as / chem / bio / geo ] [ civ / aero / mech / ee / hdl / os / dev / web / app / sys / net / sec ] [ med / fin / psy / soc / his / lit / lin / phi / arch ] [ off / vg / jp / 2hu / tc / ts / adv / hr / meta / tex ] [ chat ] [ wiki ]

/math/ - Mathematics

Name
Email
Subject
Comment
Verification
Instructions:
  • Press the Get Captcha button to get a new captcha
  • Find the correct answer and type the key in TYPE CAPTCHA HERE
  • Press the Publish button to make a post
  • Incorrect answer to the captcha will result in an immediate ban.
File
Password (For file deletion.)

25 Dec 2021Mathchan is launched into public

16 / 2 / 10 / ?

File: 1705233653759.png ( 201.38 KB , 1139x804 , 1713480390587.png )

If you had a math exam and you could use your phone with internet while attempting the paper, what service would you use to solve questions?
Topics:
-Propositional Calculus
-Methods of Proof
-Boolean Algebra and Circuits
-Sets, Relations and Functions
-Combinatorics
-Some more Counting Principles
-Partitions and Distributions
>>
>>724
Have you noticed that the internet is getting worse over time? I'm at the point where I'm confident it'd just be a waste of time trying to Google exam questions. Having a set theory and logic text pdf would be a better choice. But you'd have to have bookmarks at the important parts.
>>
>>727
I tried ChatGPT and it gives wrong answers half of the time.
>>
>>728
Yeah, and search engines are starting to rely more and more on faulty LLMs to do everything. You actually have to read books now.
>>
>>729
What a pain, I just wanted to cheat on my exam. I guess I'll hire someone from r/salvelabour when the exam is about to begin for 5$ and make him send me the solutions.
>>
>>724
math.stackexchange would be your best bet, but I agree with the other anons

'obby on the 'og btw
>>
>>731
The exam is just 2 hours, will people solve the questions there quickly?
>>
>>728
try gpt4 stuff like bing AI
>>
>>736
GPT4 is expensive, I will try buying a wolframalpha subscription.
>>

File: total internet death.jpg ( 112.39 KB , 716x1024 , 1713726240222.jpg )

>>727
Remember that picrel is a conspiracy theory and it's not happening

For underage users Wolframalpha is golden because it can be used to skip all the tedious "find the roots of this equation manually, that'll keep you busy!" tier problems and parts of problems, dunno if it's that valuable for real math
>>
>>738
Interesting
>>
>>737
>buying a wolframalpha subscription

I don't recommend doing this. Just go on 1337x and pirate a mathematica copy, which has full access to the W|A subscription and more

>>738
>dunno if it's that valuable for real math

well it is useful for pattern-finding and whatnot, especially mathematica too lol. not really useful for stuff other than brute force or numerical computation tho, which isn't that fun sometimes
>>
>>740
That doesn't work on android. You want me to install in on a PC and remote control it via my phone while attempting the exam?
>>
>>741
oh i forgot you had to be on the phone lol, fair enough
>>
>>742
I think I'll buy wolframalpha, it has dynamic pricing for shithole countries and considers PPP unlike chatgpt that charges dollars for everyone.
>>
Sorry if I'm late, the captcha is hard. If you go looking, you will find free wolfram alpha for android.
>>
>>751
No problem mate. Couldn't find anything that works on rutracker. Where exactly must I be looking?